Challenge yourself or create a team with your family and friends to accomplish virtually running the distance across Texas. Select the 101 mile challenge to complete the distance from Austin to Waco or the 223 mile challenge to complete the distance from Dallas to Houston or the 309 mile challenge to complete the distance from Dallas to the Gulf of Mexico.
Here’s how it works:
1. For Individuals start by getting registered. Teams start by coming up with a fun team name. The first team member to register creates a team during the registration process. After the team has been created, each team member can join the team during their individual registration process.
2. Once registered, get ready to start your challenge right away. Complete the distance across Texas where you want and when you want, keeping track of your miles each day using our challenge completion tracker.
3. You can start chipping away at your challenge any day after 5/29. Teams have 30 days to complete the challenge. Individuals in the 101 mile challenge have 40 days, individuals in the 223 mile challenge have 60 days, and individuals in the 309 mile challenge have 70 days. If you are completing the challenge as a team, your team’s cumulative distance counts toward the challenge (Ex: Jill runs 100 miles, Jack runs 33 miles (slacker), and Bill runs 90 miles to complete the 223 mile Dallas to Houston challenge).
4. Once you or your team has completed the 101 or 223 or 309 mile challenge, submit your results to get your finisher certificate and you’ll have earned bragging rights to say you or your team conquered the #GreatRunAcrossTexas.
5. Once you have registered, your shirt will be shipped to you right away. Once you complete the challenge, your medal will be shipped to you.
1) Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance (5K, 10K or Half Marathon) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with. If you register by May 3rd, you will receive your gear by Mother’s Day.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or any safe location and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run on May 10th.
4) Post your result! Click the results tab below to learn how.